Monday, June 18, 2012

Fantastic Book Find!

This weekend was somewhat lazy, other than celebrating Father's Day. It was hot, my husband was traveling and I had some rare quiet time. I picked up a book that I had ordered for $3.99 on Amazon (free shipping too) and I couldn't put it down. I finished it just a few hours before my husband returned on Sunday. The book is Mortal Friends by Jane Stanton Hitchcock. It is set in Washington DC, which could be another reason I loved it - it spoke of so many familiar places, especially in Georgetown. For example, the characters would dine at Cafe Milano, which I loved to visit when I lived in Northern Virginia. The book is entertaining, witty, filled with suspense and sophistication. If you are looking for a good summer read - it fits the bill!
 
Happy Monday!!!

1 comment: