Wednesday, January 2, 2013

....and we are off!

The new year has started. Running with wild abandon into it or kicking and screaming to stay - 2013 has begun. I have decided to make this the best year that I can. Personally, I was happy to see 2012 end. In this new year, I am going to live deliberately, take notice of the things that continue to unfold in my life daily, and sneak in the spontaneous whenever I can!

This morning after taking my husband to the airport for an early flight, and seeing daughter #1 off to work I decided it was time to start! I did my usual stretches as I put the teapot on to heat. I drank a huge glass of ice water (can't have too much H2O) and then I did something different. I got out my good china for my breakfasts. I sat my table setting just like I was having company. I softly played Andre Bocelli and read from my new book.

A Year Of Little Things




















There were fantastic suggestions in this book and I thoroughly enjoyed starting my day in such a wonderful way! Recently, a miserable person said I was a "Pollyanna". Hhhhhmmmm. I doubt that was a compliment (in her mind) but if trying to see "the glass half full instead of half empty" makes me deserving of the title than I will wear it with pride!
The new year has begun and it's up to each of us to make the best of it! What are your plans to make this a wonderful year? I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Pollyanna. I'd much rather be friends with her than I would a Debbie Downer or Nancy Negative. Good for you for getting our your good china. YES! Live deliberately! I love that.

    ReplyDelete